PhotoGel and PhotoHA Hydrogel Stiffness
- Gelatin and hyaluronic acid are abundant components extracted from human tissues and therefore, they have an inherent biocompatibility.
- Photocrosslinkable gelatin and hyaluronic acid allows a better control over their
final viscoelastic properties.
- The crosslinking kinetics under visible light exposure of the PhotoHA® and
PhotoGel® products from Advanced BioMatrix were successfully measured in real
time with the ElastoSens™ Bio.
- Higher concentration of the PhotoHA® and PhotoGel® products accelerated the
crosslinking kinetics and led to stiffer hydrogels.
- The crosslinking reaction continued even after light exposure observed by the
continuous increase in the viscoelastic properties.
- Higher light intensity accelerated the crosslinking kinetics and led to stiffer hydrogels.
- Light intensity and exposure time can be varied to tune the viscoelasticity of hydrogels according to the application afterwards